- Employee Type: Part-Time
- Location: Dillon, CO
- Category: General Labor, Installation - Maint - Repair, Skilled Labor - Trades
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 1/10/2017
Community: Swan Meadow Village
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you a maintenance professional who is looking for a dynamic and growing organization that will both challenge and reward you? We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to provide a full range of maintenance and repair services for one of our manufactured housing communities. Help us to make our community the kind of place that residents are proud to call home.
Maintenance Technicians perform routine and preventative maintenance to maintain the physical integrity of Sun’s communities. They conduct home/building maintenance repairs and are responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of property grounds, facilities, streets, equipment, and various utility systems. Maintenance Technicians provide excellent customer service to prospective and current residents at all times.
- Ensure community is presentable, inviting, and adheres to Sun's curb appeal standards at all times.
- Ensure common area lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly treat for weeds, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs, trim shrubs and hedges, and performs other lawn care services as necessary.
- Ensure trash/debris is picked up daily from common areas and streets.
- Empty common area trash containers as needed.
- Complete minor repairs to rental homes and facilities as needed.
- Clean building facilities such as clubhouse, community offices, restrooms, laundry areas, and maintenance garage.
- Maintain vacant sites, including strap-downs and removal of trash and debris.
- Complete checklists of physical condition of community or sites prior to and after resident occupancy.
- Assist manager with supervision of service contractors.
- Inspect playground area and equipment, pool/spa area, and other recreational amenities to ensure proper operation, where applicable.
- Remove snow from community streets, parking lots, building entrances and other areas, where applicable.
- Perform water testing and other maintenance duties related to a well-water system, sewer system, or on-site water meters, if applicable. May include reading, repairing, and installing water meters.
- Maintain community pool(s), tests chemical levels, and adjusts appropriately, where applicable.
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties, including safely operating vehicles when moving from site to site and picking up supplies.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
As a Maintenance Technician, you must be hard-working, reliable and focused on providing exceptional customer service. You must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High school diploma or GED
- Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general maintenance techniques and repair work
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions require constant outdoor work
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- General knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and grounds maintenance
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment and commercial machinery
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team
- Basic computer proficiency, particularly with email and internet
- Availability to respond to community needs during non-business hours (may be required to be on-call)